Highlands March Campus Update
Dear Highlands Families,
We are writing to provide you with a quick update about Highlands Elementary School. As we said in the update earlier in the semester, we want to thank you for your continued support and understanding during the relocation to the Cavalry Hill campus. We also thank the staff for their hard work and dedication to providing an education to the Highlands students.
Here are some updates on the Highlands Elementary School building at 2500 Barney Terrace:
- The new roof has been completed.
- Out-of-date equipment has been removed. This includes things like old heating radiators on the walls.
- Modern UV filtering equipment for the HVAC units has arrived.
- The selection of a contractor to complete the interior renovations (such as ceiling work, cafeteria renovations, etc.) is being finalized to allow work to begin in a timely manner.
- Custom HVAC units are being built to the facility specifications and will be delivered for installation in the spring.
As a reminder, all day-to-day teaching and learning as well as school operations will continue to take place at the Cavalry Hill campus at 2800 Poplar Ave for the remainder the 2021-22 school year. We plan for students to return to the Highlands Campus for the start of the Fall 2022 semester. Thank you for your role in making the current 2021-22 school year successful.