Updates from Mrs. Hall:
• We have completed our SCANTRON testing. Our students and teachers did a great job during testing. We will have an end of the year test as well.
• We had our first Hawk Hour last month. This was an opportunity for your child to pick an activity based on their interests. We had cooking, sewing, crafts, dancing, math team, science activities, and so much more.
• Last month’s Curriculum Night was so fun! The students were proud to show off their work to their loved ones
If you would like to learn more about getting your student (grades 4-6) involved in math team or math club, please reach out to Linda Hardee. Give her a call at 256.428.7200 or email her at Linda.Hardee@hsv-k12.org.
Your child’s teacher will be reaching out to schedule a conference with you in the next few weeks. These conferences will address all aspects of your child’s school experience. We will address academic, behavioral, and social/emotional needs. Keep in mind that you can request a conference with a teacher or administrator at any time. Simply call the office and we will be glad to help.
The Average Daily Attendance (ADA):
The Average Daily Attendance (ADA) for Highlands so far this year is: 98.8% Help us keep up the good work by:
• Making sure students are at school each day.
• Getting students to school on time.
• Sending in a doctor’s excuse or parent notes when students are absent from school.