Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) is a Career and Technical Student Organization that functions as an integral part of the Family and Consumer Sciences education curriculum and operates within the school system. Since 1945, FCCLA members have been making a difference in families, careers, and communities by addressing important personal, work, and societal issues. Through participation in Competitive Events, becoming involved in community service opportunities, student leadership, and attending leadership conferences, members develop real world skills, explore Career Pathways, and become college- and career-ready.
To promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner, and community leader, members develop skills for life through character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communication, practical knowledge, and career preparation.
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life.
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society.
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community.
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony.
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults.
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities.
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today's society.
- To promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations.
Link to National Organization: