HHS Camp Pride 2018 for Incoming Freshman
Huntsville High School’s CAMP PRIDE is designed to acclimate each incoming freshman to their new environment here at Huntsville High School. Huntsville High School’s finest teachers would like to invite the class of 2022 to be immersed in the Panther Pride culture! This means recognizing expectations of leadership and collaboration strategies as well as academic expectations and the tools necessary to fulfill these expectations. CAMP PRIDE will include gaining skills in the four core, English, math, science, and social studies, and general academic skills such as organization and time management, note taking, and test taking. Also, the rules, expectations, and HCS policies upheld by the Huntsville High School Freshman Academy administration and faculty will be modeled and explained. This Camp is FREE and includes each student receiving a backpack, planner, and supplies to start their freshmen year.
Parent Q&A Sessions will be held at 8:45 am and 2:15 pm.
- 8:00 - Breakfast and Check in
- 8:30 - Introduction
- 8:50 - Organation and Time Management Skills
- 9:35 - General Academic Skills
- Note taking
- Test Taking
- Study Skills
- 10:20 - English Content
- 11:00 - Lunch
- 11:35 - Math Content
- 12:20 - Personal Skills
- Managing Stress and Anxiety
- Policies and Procedures
- 1:05 - Science Social Studies Content
- 1:45 - Snack/Break
- 2:00 - Tour
- 2:30 - Closing Rema
- Bus Transportation: Pickup and drop-off Destinations
- Goldsmith Schiffman
- Hampton Cove Middle
- Calvary Community Center
- Butler Terrace
- Buses will pick-up kids at 7:30 am on 7/18/19 and will leave HHS at 3:00 pm to return students back to their pick-up destination. To reserve your spot on a bus, please sign-up for the location of choice below in addition registering for camp (Hint: You will sign-up for two things below).
- Breakfast & lunch will be served by HHS Freshman Academy, but you may bring your own sack lunch.
- To register please sign up as soon as possible at our registration site online.