Huntsville Junior High School
Embracing a Diverse Community of Readers
Help Build Our Diverse Book Collection!
- What do diverse book collections include?
- A diverse collection has books by diverse authors and/or characters and experiences that include (but not limited to) people of color, gender diversity, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA, Native, and ethnic, cultural, and religious minorities.
- How will this impact our school?
- Diverse books help all students feel included and represented.
- Reading books from different perspectives can educate teen readers as well as build empathy and tolerance.
- Young readers can directly encounter the mirrors and windows in which they see themselves in books and others who are not like them.
- Follet Titlewish
- Starting on December 10th and ending January 18th, we’re having an online Titlewish fundraiser. 100% of the money we raise will go directly to purchasing diverse books for our school library. Follett will match 10% of every dollar raised.
- We’re asking you to participate and help us raise $3,000.00. To help us meet our goal, please visit the Titlewish Website and click the Donate button.
- Amazon Wishlist
- Purchase a book from our Amazon wishlist. It will ship directly to the school.
- Snail on the Wall Wishlist
- Lady Smith, a PTA parent and volunteer has created a wishlist of our books on her store's website. Shop locally to support our school library by visiting our Snail on the Wall wishlist.