Jemison Magnet Program
Allow exceptional students to begin college in high school, participate in college activities, take classes in college facilities, and earn approximately 60 hours of college credit in courses taught by college professors in Huntsville's only College Academy.
Unique Program Components
- Students earn a high school diploma while completing 2 years (approximately 60 hours) of college credit
- College courses taught by college professors
- Professor office hours on high school campus
- Substantial financial savings for families
- Provides students the greatest access to college-level courses in HCS
- Provides a summer bridge program to rising 9th grade College Academy students
- 30 student are accepted into each new school year's freshman cohort
For current application information, please visit the Huntsville City Schools Magnet page.
- Students apply during their 7th grade year
- Highly selective process based on GPA, standardized test scores, ability to successfully complete Algebra I by the end of 8th grade, an interview, demonstrated maturity, and recommendations
- Three recommendations (Principal or Counselor, English and Math teachers)
- Student completes brief essay during scheduled essay session
- Interview (for students who advance in selection process)
- Seats awarded by end of 7th grade
- Parent, guardian, or student must complete online application provided on the district magnet page, provided above, during the application window
- View more specific College Academy application/interview information.
After being accepted to the magnet program, students must be enrolled through InfoSnap during the normal InfoSnap registration period. Please visit the Huntsville City Schools Enrollment Page for more information.