ACAP 2022 Testing Tips for Home
Lakewood 2nd through 6th grade students will begin taking the ACAP (Alabama Comprehensive Assessment Program) Assessment next week. Testing will run from April 5th through April 21st, with make-up testing thereafter as needed. By now, teachers have sent home a testing schedule for their grade level as well as posted the testing schedule on their ClassDojo. We are asking parents and guardians to help support our students be prepapred for testing every day by doing the following...
- Make sure students get a good amount of sleep each night.
- Make sure students eat a nutritious and filling breakfast each morning. Try to avoid foods high in sugar which can make students hyper and unfocused.
- Make sure students are on time each day of testing. Avoid schedulong doctor/dental appointments during testing days and times. However, if your student gets sick, please contact the school immediately to let them know.
- Reinforce with your students that as long as they try hard and do their best, you will be proud of them.
- Keep a positive attitude in general about testing.
- Plan short, inexpensive outings or treats as you can after testing is completed.
We thank you for your cooperation and support of each and every student as we embark on this year's testing. Our students have worked so diligently this year and their hard work is about to pay off!