Lee Magnet Program
The Creative & Performing Arts Magnet at Lee High School has been the standard of high school Fine Arts programs for over 25 years. By embracing diversity, we appreciate the richness of that exists in our famiLEE. As part of an authentic life and the education of the whole student, we work to extend academics into the work of the creative and performing arts in order to develop not only talent, but student voice.
Magnet Mission Statement
Provide student-artists the opportunity to explore their selected craft through specialized curricula and facuty at Huntsville's premiere creative and performing arts high school.
Available Areas of Concentration
- Arts: Visual Arts & Photography
- Performing Arts: Dance, Theatre Performance, & Theatre Production
- Musical Arts: Vocal Performance
- New Media Production: Creative Writing & Media Arts
Unique Program Components
- Daily study of a selected arts major
- Access to industry-standard equipment
- Acess to state-of-the-arts facilities
- Greater numer of performance opportunities compared to other high schools
- Sharing of local master artists, such as guest artists, and specialized arts faculty with the Academy for Academics and Arts
- The magnet application window is currently closed.
IMPORTANT: Due to unforeseen circumstances the Magnet Selection Process has been delayed. Notifications will be sent through US Postal Service and emailed as soon as possible. If you have additional questions, you may call the Magnet Office at 256-428-6864.
- Current Lee students do not need to reapply annually.
- Parent, guardian, or student must complete online application during the application window for a choice of up to two magnet programs.
- Students apply for the next academic year in the fall of the current year.
- In addition to the online application, students must audition for each program for which they wish to be considered. A committee will judge holistically the interest, experience, and commitment to the magnet theme from each new applicant.
- Minimum Grade Average – 70%
- If the number of selected applicants per program exceeds the number of seats available, the District will use a lottery to admit students.
- Visit this link to view specific interview/audition information.