Lee Magnet Program
Provide student-artists the opportunity to explore their selected craft through specialized curricula and facuty at Huntsville's premiere creative and performing arts high school.
The Creative & Performing Arts Magnet at Lee High School has been the standard of high school Fine Arts programs for over 25 years. By embracing diversity, we appreciate the richness of that exists in our famiLEE. As part of an authentic life and the education of the whole student, we work to extend academics into the work of the creative and performing arts in order to develop not only talent, but student voice.
Available Areas of Concentration
- New Media Production: Creative Writing & Video Broadcast Journalism
- Performing Arts: Dramatic Arts & Theatre Production
- Visual Arts: Art & Photography
- Music: Instrumental Performance & Vocal Performance
Unique Program Components
- Daily study of a selected arts major
- Access to industry-standard equipment
- Acess to state-of-the-arts facilities
- Greater numer of performance opportunities compared to other high schools
- Sharing of local master artists, such as guest artists, and specialized arts faculoty with Academy for Academics and Arts
- The magnet application is currently closed.
- The audition procedures for each of our magnet programs are listed on each program's page.
- Parent, guardian, or student must complete online application provided above during the application window.
- Interested students from throughout the Huntsville City School system may submit an application for a choice of up to two magnet programs and/or schools.
- A central application for all magnet programs can be accessed and submitted online during a designated application window time period.
- Students apply for the next academic year in the fall of the current year.
- In addition to the online application, students must audition for each program for which they wish to be considered. Specific program requirements for auditions are listed on the school’s website. A committee will judge holistically the interest, experience, and commitment to the magnet theme from each new applicant.
- Grade Average – 70%
- If the number of selected applicants per program exceeds the number of seats available, the District will use a lottery to admit students.