Welcome to the 2020-2021 School Year
Dear McDonnell Family,
During this time of unexpected continuous change in our society, HCS wants to ensure that our students and families are safe and stay healthy. We will begin the 2020-2021 school year with 9 weeks of remote learning beginning August 17, 2020. Students are responsible for logging in everyday listening to instruction and turning in assignments. Grades will reflect as per completed assignments. We need your full support to ensure success for our students. Please take a moment to review student and teacher expectations and take some time to talk to your child/children about the importance of continuing their education during this time.
What you can expect from your administration:
- I am available to address any questions and/or concerns; please use the number and email above.
- I will send weekly new via Schoology and/or Schoolcast.
- I will ensure that we are meeting all student’s educational needs.
- We will use SchoolsPLP curriculum and Schoology as our communication and assignments platform.
- Students in K-3rd grade will receive a laptop (distribution schedule forthcoming).
- All materials will be provided for Remote Learning.
What you can expect from your child’s teachers:
- Students will receive core (ELA, Math, Science and Social Studies) instruction through the SchoolsPLP between the hours of 8:00-2:30. Additionally, Art, Music, P.E. and counseling will also be provided.
- All assignments, communications, schedules, newsletters and recorded lessons will be on Schoology. Teacher schedules will indicate specific office hours for questions or conferences.
- Teachers will give no less than 3 interactive sessions per week per subject. Additional small group sessions will be scheduled by the teacher. Teachers will post 2 grades per subject weekly beginning the 3rd week of school. Parents can view in INOW.
- All specialized plans (IEPs, ESOL, and RTI) will be followed by the teachers. If your child receives services, the teacher will be contacting you for specific instruction times.
What you can expect from your elementary school student:
- Students login to their classrooms daily according to their class schedule.
- Students are responsible for completing and submitting all assignments by the due date.
- Students email their teacher for questions and/or assistance.
- Students will follow all rules and guidelines.
How can you help?
- Ensure you have internet access at home.
- Ensure your child is logged into their classes and receiving instruction as per their classroom schedule
- Ensure your child is completing all assignments and submitting them by the due date.
- Encourage your child to reach out to their teacher(s) with any questions or concerns.