March 25 Message from the Principal
Monte Sano Parents:
I would like to thank everyone who came out to our School-wide Parent Picnic. It was great seeing everyone. It put the cherry on top of a great week. Here are your updates for next week:
- Thank you to our PTA volunteers who assisted with the School-wide Picnic today.
- Don't forget the Monte Sano Talent Show will be April 12 at Monte Sano Methodist Church. Practices will be held at the school on April 5th and 7th from 2:00-3:30 PM with a dress rehearsal on April 11. More information to come on the dress rehearsal.
- Congratulations to our PTA. MSE PTA was one of 9 PTAs across the state that achieved 100% membership. This is indicative of the continued support and collaboration that is accomplished each year to ensure our school is the best!
Congratulations MSE CNP Staff
- Our cafeteria staff goes above and beyond each day. This week, they received a score of 100 on their health inspection. This is the second consecutive perfect score they received this year. Congratulations to Ms. Pam, Ms. Belinda, and Ms. Patsy. You set the standard: Excellence!
2nd and 3rd Grade ACAP Testing
- We will begin ACAP testing of our 2nd and 3rd grade students on Tuesday March 29.
- Letters went home on Wednesday detailing the testing days, test durations for each day and processes and procedures.
Snacks for ACAP Testing
- Parents we need your help to provide snacks for ACAP Testing. A flyer went home on Wednesday. Each class is assigned to bring the following items:
- McLemore - water
- Schrimsher - snacks
- Graham- water
- Moore- snacks
- Payne - snacks
- Schliesman - water
- Grant- snacks
- Carthen - water
- Mack - snacks
Registration for the 2022-2023
- If you have not already, please register your student for the 2022-2023 school year. Snap codes were emailed out in February. If you do not have your snap code to register, please call Ms. Beverly at 256-428-7300 and we will be glad to provide you with it. If you have an upcoming Kindergartener it is important you register. K for a Day is scheduled for April 8. More information on K for a Day will be forthcoming next week.
- The last plastic cap pick-up will be April 6. This will be the last time you can turn in plastic caps to count toward this year.
Parents, it has been a great first week back from Spring Break! As always, thank you for your continued support of Monte Sano Elementary School. "Where learning is always cooler on the mountain!"
Have a great weekend!