Library Media Center
The mission of Mountain Gap's Library Media Centers are to ensure that students and staff become effective lifelong users of ideas and information by providing access to materials that meet intellectual, curriculum, and recreational needs. Instruction in digital citizenship, together with information literacy, evaluation, and retrieval, aims to make the user aware of the range and potential of both print and electronic resources.
Welcome! Our Library Media Centers (LMC) are open during the school day 8-3. We have two separate spaces to accommodate all of our students. Melissa Turner is the Library Media Specialist. Margaret Stoneking and Cathy White are the LMC Assistants.
K-2 students come with their class once a week and check out one book.
Students in grades 3-5 come with their class every other week. They may check out 2 books.
Students in grades 5-8 may checkout 2 books.
Fines are $.10 a day not including weekends only for the Upper Campus LMC. Students in the Upper LMC may check their OPAC account to check what books they have out or any fines.
Students may not check out another book with an overdue/lost/damaged book. Hardcover books start at $20. Paperbacks are $8.
Don't have wifi at home? Check out a HotSpot from the Library! Below are the basic guidelines. Click HERE for more information!
- Only students who have Parent/Guardian consent forms completed are able to check out the HCS HotSpot. This form may be completed online - S.T.E.P. Parent Consent Form
- HCS HotSpots can be requested in the morning through the librarians, but students will need to pick them up at the end of day.
- Check out time is 48 hours (2 days).
- During extended breaks (Spring, Winter, Fall) HCS HotSpots will not be checked out.
- The HCS Hotspot is to be used for educational purposes only and is part of Huntsville City School's Student Technology Enhancement Program (STEP) Click HERE to go to the district site for more information.
Contact our librarian, Ms. Turner, at: