New Century Technology High School has a diverse group of students who are truly a part of the information and technology age. The Professional School Counselors at New Century help students successfully navigate their high school years by addressing needs in the personal/social, career, and academic domains. Our philosophy of counseling is rooted in theories of pedagogy, intelligence, and behavior as well as the American School Counselor Association National Model. We meet each student where they are academically, socially, mentally, and emotionally in order to help them succeed in high school and their post-secondary endeavors. View our school profile.
There is not one right path for every student, and much of our job is to help students and parents figure out what their next step should be as well as to be an advocate for them. Through a collaborative effort which includes their teachers, parents, and community stakeholders, the students are able to learn about the complexity of the world and how they can be effective and successful members of our community. We are committed to all students and their well-being and learning.
Nancy Wolfe, 9th-12th grade Counselor
Leigh Ann Brown - College and Career Counselor
Your School Counselor Can Assist With:
- Testing information and interpretation of results
- Assessing Graduation requirements
- Academic planning and advising to meet secondary and post-secondary goals
- Crisis intervention
- College and career information
- Referrals and links to community resources
- Parent and school communication
- Advocate for the parents and students
- Helping students navigate peer and social pressures, physical changes, and academic pressures