Looking Forward 3/9/20
Monday, March 9th is a B day.
- Congratulations to Katarina Agnew for winning the Alabama Poetry Out Loud Competition. She will participate in the national competition in Washington DC in April.
- Congratulations to all of the students who participated in the Alabama State Speech and Debate Tournament at the University of Alabama this weekend. Special congratulations to the following students:
- Mary Phillips – 5th in POI and 3rd in poetry
- Mike Hyatt – 5th in extemporaneous
- Jazmyn Woods (Lee HS) – 5th in dramatic
- Ella Duus and Django Sarow – 3rd in public forum debate
- Ella Duus – STATE CHAMP in Congressional debate
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!
Dual Enrollment Information
Calhoun, UAH, and Drake all offer courses that can count as strand courses if you choose to pursue dual enrollment options. For example, Calhoun offers Welding for our engineering students, Emergency Medical Tech for our biomedical science students, and courses in Java, Linux, Python, App Development, and cyber for computer science students. Email Mrs. Manuel to request more information. Huntsville City Schools will begin accepting dual enrollment applications for summer and fall on March 11th. All completed forms must be turned in to Mrs. Manuel to be submitted for district approval.
- Reminder: Senior Required Fee of $100 is due by May 1, 2020. This required fee covers many of the costs associated with graduation including the regalia (which students keep), the diploma cover, tassel, and graduation programs. If you need to make installment payments, Mrs. Hanvey will be happy to work those out with you. Please make checks payable to New Century Technology High School.
- Just a reminder for all students taking AP Exams, balances will need to be paid by April 15, 2020. If you have any questions about payments, please call or email our bookkeeper Torre Hanvey