New Century Magnet Program
New Century's Mission Statement
immerse motivated,highly capable students in advanced studies and industry experience in the fields of computer science, engineering, and biomedical science as Huntsville's only STEM magnet high school.
Unique Program Components
- Declaration of a strand of study-computer science, engineering, or biomedical science
- Specialized electives in selected strands
- Experiences solving real-world problems in the selected strand
- Opportunities for work experience in the selected strand
- Shares experts in engineering, computer science, and biomedicine in collaboration with Academy for Gifts and Talents (AGT)
- Grade Average in Core Classes of 80%
- Students may apply for the next academic year in the fall of the current year.
- Selection criteria related to the magnet theme will be used to select new students.
- On-campus written essay response
- Parent/guardian or student must complete the application provided above during the application window.