New Century Magnet Program
The mission of New Century Technology High School is to immerse motivated, highly capable students in advanced studies and industry experience in the in the fields of computer science, engineering, and biomedical science as Huntsville's only STEM magnet high school.
Unique Program Components
- Specialized strands of study in computer science, engineering, and biomedical science
- Enhanced opportunities for involvement in current business projects through internships, mentoring, and project-based learning
- Unique courses in each strand designed to increase student exposure to specialize content and experts in the field
- Collaborate with industry experts to ensure students are prepared for careers of the future through progressive curriculum and hands-on experience
For current application information, please visit the Huntsville City Schools Magnet page.
- The magnet application window is currently closed.
- Grade Average in Core Classes of 80%
- Students may apply for the next academic year in the fall of the current year.
- Selection criteria related to the magnet theme will be used to select new students.
- Online writing sample completed on a designated date at New Century. Applicants will be notified by email.
- Perspective students must complete an online application during the specified application window. Please visit the district magnet page for the application.
- Learn more about our specific acceptance information
After being accepted to the magnet program, students must be enrolled through InfoSnap during the normal InfoSnap registration period. Please visit the Huntsville City Schools Enrollment Page for more information.
To see upcoming events, view our Magnet calendar
If you want more information about New Century High School, please email Julie Summers.