New Century Magnet Program
The mission of New Century Technology High School is to immerse motivated, highly capable students in advanced studies and industry experience in the in the fields of computer science, engineering, and biomedical science as Huntsville's only STEM magnet high school.
If you want more information about New Century High School, please email Julie Summers.
Unique Program Components
- Declaration of a strand of study-computer science, engineering, or biomedical science
- Specialized electives in selected strands
- Experiences solving real-world problems in the selected strand
- Opportunities for work experience in the selected strand
- Shares experts in engineering, computer science, and biomedicine in collaboration with Academy for Gifts and Talents (AGT)
- The magnet application window is currently closed.
- Grade Average in Core Classes of 80%
- Students may apply for the next academic year in the fall of the current year.
- Selection criteria related to the magnet theme will be used to select new students.
- Online writing sample completed on a designated date at New Century. Applicants will be notified by email.
- Perspective students must complete an online application during the specified application window. Please visit the district magnet page for the application.
- Learn more about our specific acceptance information
After being accepted to the magnet program, students must be enrolled through InfoSnap during the normal InfoSnap registration period. Please visit the Huntsville City Schools Enrollment Page for more information.
To see upcoming events, view our Magnet calendar