New Century Magnet Program
The mission of New Century Technology High School is to immerse motivated, highly capable students in advanced studies and industry experience in the in the fields of computer science, engineering, and biomedical science as Huntsville's only STEM magnet high school.
Unique Program Components
- Declaration of a strand of study-computer science, engineering, or biomedical science
- Specialized electives in selected strands
- Experiences solving real-world problems in the selected strand
- Opportunities for work experience in the selected strand
- Shares experts in engineering, computer science, and biomedicine in collaboration with Academy for Gifts and Talents (AGT)
- APPLY NOW! Complete the online Magnet Application anytime between now and November 14, 2018.
- Grade Average in Core Classes of 80%
- Students may apply for the next academic year in the fall of the current year.
- Selection criteria related to the magnet theme will be used to select new students.
- On-campus written essay response
- Parent/guardian or student must complete the application provided above during the application window.
- Learn more about our specific acceptance information
After being accepted to the magnet program, students must be enrolled through InfoSnap during the normal InfoSnap registration period. Please visit the Huntsville City Schools Enrollment Page for more information.
To see upcoming events, view our Magnet calendar