Library Media Center
Library Media Specialist: Michelle Barnett
Library Assistant: Susan Gautreaux
Library Hours: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
The mission of the Providence Elementary School Library Media Center is to develop principled researchers, enthusiastic readers, and seekers of knowledge who engage the world through all types of media.
Library Policies and Procedures
- The Providence School Library Media Center has approximately 12,000 books and audiobooks on a wide-range of topics and reading levels available for student check out.
- Kindergarten and first grade students may check out one book at a time. Second grade through fifth grade students may check out up to three books or audiobooks. Only one audiobook may be checked out at a time.
- All students are responsible for returning their library materials on-time and in good condition. Library materials may be checked out for a period of two weeks. Students may not check out library materials with one or more overdue items.
- Students with lost or damaged materials will be assessed a $20 standard replacement fee for hardcover books and a $10 standard fee for softcover books.
- Lost or damaged audiobooks on CD or cassette will be assessed a $20 standard replacement fee. Lost or damaged digital audiobooks (Playaway) will be accessed a $45 standard replacement fee.