The Ridgecrest faculty and staff recognize the cultural differences, unique needs and developmental levels of our students. To meet these needs we will provide a highly varied and challenging program of learning experiences that will allow students to develop academically, socially, emotionally, physically and aesthetically. We will promote a strong foundation of necessary skills for life-long learning by providing a high quality educational program and learning opportunities in a safe, secure and caring environment.
To prepare all of our students for a successful future.
The philosophy of Ridgecrest School is to provide a program of instruction that is designed to help each student develop intellectually, socially, physically and emotionally in order to reach his/her fullest potential.
The beliefs of Ridgecrest School are as follows:
- All students are capable of learning, achieving and succeeding in all content areas, regardless of their cultural backgrounds.
- Our diverse cultural background contributes to the understanding of different peoples and cultures.
- A safe and comfortable environment is needed to promote student learning.
- We recognize the diversity of learning styles and teach them with varied techniques and strategies.
- When students are provided with a positive environment, self-esteem will be increased and therefore stronger relationships will be established among students and staff.
- Students learn best when actively engaged in the learning process.
- Students can make appropriate decisions when challenged by their learning environment.
- Instruction and core curriculum are coordinated to meet the developmental levels of our students.
- Teachers, parents and community have the responsibility to work together to support the school’s mission.
- High expectations promote higher achievement.
- Exceptional students should be provided special services.