I am happy to serve parents, teachers and students by providing classroom character lessons, small group and individual counseling to students as needed and bully prevention activities! We are here to promote and support success for all of our students!
How can the school counselor help?
- Work collaboratively with students, parents, and teachers to identify and remove barriers to learning.
- Helping students to recognize and make the best of their abilities.
- Supporting students by teaching skills for achieving success.
- Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons that teach life skills such as decision making, resolving conflicts, and respect.
- Teach students about the world of work and career options.
- Counseling students individually and in small groups as needed.
- Communicate and link parents to information and resources to help meet the needs of the family.
The HCS Counseling Department has provided a variety of helpful quarantine and support resources on the HCS Counseling Department page under Resources for Parents During Quarantine.