Principal Summer Message
It’s SUMMER TIME! While you and the family enjoy the much-needed quality time, mornings with no alarm clocks, and maybe even some nights with a not set bedtime, I want to encourage you to keep some semblance of academics alive in fun.
- Please continue to encourage your child/children to read at least 20 minutes a day.
- On your stay-cations and vacations, make time to read about the history of your visiting places. Try comparing and contrasting the history to that of the community in which you live.
- Involve your children in planning and reflection.
- Create videos that capture the uniqueness of the summer vacation and write a summary to go along with it.
- Have your children keep a journal to memorialize their summer and prep them for the infamous back to school writing prompt ‘What did you do this summer?’.
While we wait for your return, we are wrapping up the school year, enrolling our new Rolling Hills Cougars, preparing next year’s classes and instructional program while anticipating our summer break! We wish you safe travels and an abundance of joy, laughter, and love this summer with your family.
Dr. Kellen D. Conaway