Williams Magnet Program
Surround gifted and talented students with specialized teachers, challenging curriculum, and like-minded peers to provide a learning environment that meets their unique intellectual, social , and emotional needs.
Unique Program Components
- Highly Qualified Teachers trained in gifted education
- Uses an indisciplinary and conceptual approach to learning
- Supports gifted learners through research based gifted practices such as problem-based learning, acceleration, curriculum compacting, tiered learning, and interest/inquiry-based units
- Provides a challenging learning environment with like-minded peers
- Design classes focusing on computer science, engineering, and biomedical sciences
For current application information, please visit the Huntsville City Schools Magnet page.
- Current AGT students do not need to reapply annually.
- Prospective students must complete an online application during the magnet application window using the link above.
- Rising 6th - 8th grade students apply during a magnet application window and then come to AGT to complete a written essay.
- For additional information, visit the AGT Magnet Application page.
After being accepted to the magnet program, students must be enrolled through InfoSnap during the normal InfoSnap registration period. Please visit the Huntsville City Schools Enrollment Page for more information.