High school students will transition back to a staggered schedule after returning from the Thanksgiving holidays, beginning on Monday, Nov. 30, 2020. High school students will remain on the staggered schedule until the winter holidays, which will begin on Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2020. The announcement applies to all high school students in HCS who are not enrolled in Huntsville Virtual Academy (HVA). For more, please click the more information button below.
Featured StoriesView More News
Strategic PlanningView Full Plan
- Learning Outcomes
- To provide rigorous, engaging instruction to all students that facilitates problem solving and creativity, aligned to grade-level standards using innovative resources and tools.
- Whole Student Development
- To provide holistic services that meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of our students.
- Professional Growth
- To provide for and continuously empower all employees with modern strategies and skills that will, in turn, equip students for success
- Operations & Resources
- Ensure all Huntsville City Schools facilities are safe, while promoting conducive learning environments, maintaining appropriate financial reserves to cover all operating expenses, and setting a logistics framework for success.
- Community Connections
- Foster active and positive communication and engagement among students, staff, families, and the community in order to ensure that all stakeholders are engaged and well-informed partners.