Monday, August 17 is the first day of school for the 2020-21 term. Students enrolled in the Traditional Learning Framework will begin the 1st 9 weeks in Remote Learning due to the current COVID-19 health situation. For information about what that will look like this year, please click the more information button below to view the Reset Plan Information Hub.
Former HCS Student Builds Sensory Wall for Special Needs Students
As part of her Gold Award Project for the Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama, Deyanara Holt built a sensory wall for the...Read More
Implementing Risk Mitigation Procedures for Driver's Education
Huntsville City Schools is marking the final day of driver’s education courses for this summer.The district is one of only a...Read More
Featured StoriesView More News
Strategic PlanningView Full Plan
- Learning Outcomes
- To provide rigorous, engaging instruction to all students that facilitates problem solving and creativity, aligned to grade-level standards using innovative resources and tools.
- Whole Student Development
- To provide holistic services that meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of our students.
- Professional Growth
- To provide for and continuously empower all employees with modern strategies and skills that will, in turn, equip students for success
- Operations & Resources
- Ensure all Huntsville City Schools facilities are safe, while promoting conducive learning environments, maintaining appropriate financial reserves to cover all operating expenses, and setting a logistics framework for success.
- Community Connections
- Foster active and positive communication and engagement among students, staff, families, and the community in order to ensure that all stakeholders are engaged and well-informed partners.