Fourteen HCS Seniors Selected as 2020 National Merit Semifinalists
Fourteen seniors from Grissom and Huntsville High have been selected as a National Merit Scholarship Program Semifinalists for 2020. Approximately 16,000 students out of over 1.5 million were selected across the U.S. as...Read More
HCS Students Attend College & Career Week Expo
Around 3000 juniors and seniors from all six high schools from the Huntsville City School District attended last week's College and Career Expo to explore future plans for after graduation. Representatives from several...Read More
HCS School Readiness Shares New Success Results of Early Start LENA Program
New results from a Huntsville City Schools parent-group program shows considerably higher early literacy scores. The LENA Start program, started in 2015, helps parents to better prepare their kids to transition into a pre-...Read More
HCS Changemaker: Ms. Allison Segal
Congratulations to Ms. Allison Segal, a reading teacher at Jones Valley Elementary, who has been selected as this week’s HCS Changemaker! Allison Segal Interview.JPG Ms. Segal was inspired to...Read More
HCS Title I Parent & Family Engagement Survey
Huntsville City Schools' Federal Programs Department is in the process of conducting an evaluation of our parent and family engagement program for all Title I schools, and we would like to know what you think. Please take a...Read More
Students Honored for Summer Internship Work Program
High school students with Huntsville City Schools will be recognized at a luncheon today for their work in a special summer internship program. The Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services in partnership with the...Read More
HCS Advanced Manufacturing Program in the National Spotlight Again
The above video was originally published last October, just after the signing ceremony.This week’s edition of EdTech Magazine is recognizing the educational opportunities that Huntsville City Schools is providing for...Read More
*Updated* Mt. Gap's Erin Howard Becomes Co-Champ of Scripps National Spelling Bee
Above video updated 6-10-19. Clips from Spelling Bee courtesy ESPN.In an unprecedented turn of events at last night’s Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C., eighth-grade Mt. Gap student Erin Howard became one of...Read More
Strategic PlanningView All
- Learning Outcomes
- To provide rigorous, engaging instruction to all students that facilitates problem solving and creativity, aligned to grade-level standards using innovative resources and tools.
- Whole Student Development
- To provide holistic services that meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of our students.
- Professional Growth
- To provide for and continuously empower all employees with modern strategies and skills that will, in turn, equip students for success
- Operations & Resources
- Ensure all Huntsville City Schools facilities are safe, while promoting conducive learning environments, maintaining appropriate financial reserves to cover all operating expenses, and setting a logistics framework for success.
- Community Connections
- Foster active and positive communication and engagement among students, staff, families, and the community in order to ensure that all stakeholders are engaged and well-informed partners.