Office Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
The primary responsibilities of the Human Resources Department includes managing and coordinating the hiring/employment process, including recruitment, interviewing, resignations and terminations, orientation of new hires, substitutes and background checks; as well as managing benefits and compensation, employee relations, and reviewing, analyzing and evaluating job descriptions and salary schedules.
The Human Resources Department is currently located at: Chapman Elementary School, 2006 Reuben Dr., Huntsville, AL 35811
Dear New Employee:
Congratulations! We are excited that you will be joining the Huntsville City Schools team. As part of this process, please review the following items which require your attention.
- State Ethics Training
- All employees who earn $81,000 or more annually are required to complete the Statement of Economic Interest Form. Also, every full-time employee serving as a supervisor must file a Statement of Economic Interest Form. Employees have 90 days to comply with this subsection. Training is provided through the ethics website at ethics.alabama.gov. Upon completion of watching the 55 minute training video, you will be allowed to print out a Certificate of Completion with your name and agency that is date/time stamped automatically. You are required to provide a copy of this certificate to Human Resources, Room 103, to be placed in your file for verification for the Alabama Department of Examiners of Public Accounts. The Ethics Commission will be notified electronically that the training has been completed.
- New Employee Forms
- You will receive new hire forms via SearchSoft.
- Please check your email and complete all the documents in your profile. If you have not received your new hire forms please contact HR (256) 428-6839.
- Background Check
- You must have a cleared background check before you can start working with Huntsville City Schools. If you have questions please contact HR (256) 428-6839.
- You will be scheduled for an orientation session within 30 days of your start date with Huntsville City Schools. If are concerned that you have not been contacted, please contact the Human Resources Department to inquire about the next orientation session. Benefits and policies will be covered during this session and you will be responsible for ensuring that if you miss a scheduled orientation session that you contact Human Resources to make alternate arrangements.
- Please bring the following items with you to orientation:
- Ethics Training Certificate, if applicable
- Appropriate, original identification document(s) necessary to complete your I-9 (if not already submitted to Human Resources)
- In addition, teachers or administrators should bring the following:
- Official Transcripts
*The Huntsville City Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, or age in programs, activities, or employment.*