Welcome to Huntsville City Schools' Award Winning Magnet Programs!
"Where Possibilities are Endless"
Magnet Community Information Session Night!
Join us on November 15th at 6PM!
Hear about all programs in one presentation! We will be there to answer your questions regarding each program and the magnet application. Individuals will be there to assist if you want to apply for a magnet program that night!
Learn more, including the order of presentations, on the community information night event page.
The Magnet Application for the 2023-2024 school year for all programs will open at 10AM on October 31st and close at 4PM on December 9.
Please review the Magnet FAQ section for immediate information regarding the magnet application process.
For any questions regarding Magnet Programs please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (256) 924-1113.
Huntsville City Schools Magnet programs offer specialized pathways of learning along with focused themes that attract a diverse population of students throughout Huntsville City Schools. Our magnet programs offer a variety of themes. For information regarding application requirements and audition procedures please click on the school/program of interest below.
- Creative and Performing Arts (Academy for Academics and Arts P8 and Creative and Performing Arts at Lee High School)
- International Baccalaureate/Science and Foreign Language (Academy for Science and Foreign Language P8)
- International Baccalaureate (Columbia High School)
- Biomedical/Computer Science/Technology/Engineering (New Century Technology High School)
- Gifted & Talented (Academy for Gifted and Talented at Williams School- Grades 6-8)
- Early College (College Academy at Jemison High School)
For information about bus transportation for magnet students, please refer to the Bus Transportation Guidelines document on the transportation page.
Magnet Events can be found on school digital signs, local press releases, HCS magnet school websites, and the district website calendar.