The Transportation Department is responsible for pupil transportation operations and transportation planning. Currently, Huntsville City Schools employs the Apple Bus Company as our pupil transportation provider.
- All questions related to new bus riders or changes to existing rider status should be made directly to the front office of your child's school.
- For all other questions regarding bus routes, please contact Apple Bus using the information below.
Apple Bus Customer Service Office: (256) 361-0919
- School Bus Transportation Comment Form
- School Bus Route Map
- To ensure the safety of our students, the Bus Route Maps will require one of two logins this year:
- Parents & Students will be able to login using the student's Clever login credentials. If needed, assistance obtaining this login information is available by contacting your child's home school.
- Faculty & Staff will be able to login using the same credentials used to access HCS email.
- Bus routes will also be available on the new Stopfinder mobile app, which will be released prior to students’ return to school buildings.
Huntsville City Schools is pleased to announce the release of Stopfinder, a new bus route and tracking app developed by Transfinder and available on both iTunes and Google Play. Stopfinder allows parents to have peace of mind about where their child's bus is, when it will arrive at assigned stops, and if any changes occur, such as the bus being delayed. With advanced features such as the ability to easily monitor multiple children, establish geolocation alerts, and temporarily or permanently grant access to family members or other caregivers, Stopfinder makes it easy for parents to keep up with their child’s location during transit.
Parents with registered bus riders will receive an email invitation with instructions for registering a student with Stopfinder by the end of the day on Wednesday, September 9th, 2020. Parents with registered bus riders who do not receive an email should contact their child's school to verify that the email address on file is correct. Once the school verifies the email address, parents can reach out to Apple Bus Customer Service at (256) 361-0919 for further assistance.
- Stopfinder Website
- Stopfinder App (Apple)
- Stopfinder App (Android)
- Stopfinder Infomercial
- Stopfinder App Tutorial (Basics)
- Stopfinder App Tutorial (GeoAlerts)
- Bus drivers will be wearing face coverings.
- HCS requires students to wear face coverings in order to board the bus and enter the school.
- If a student boards the bus without a face covering, the driver will issue the student a disposable mask.
- Buses will be cleaned after morning routes and evening routes every day.
- To the maximum extent practicable, bus windows will be open one notch to enable air circulation.
- In the event of a vomit or other bodily fluid spill on the way to school, driver will contact dispatch, who will contact HCS transportation coordinator, who will contact the school staff to ensure that a custodian meets the bus to clean the spill before student egress. If custuodian is not available, driver or monitor will clean spill using on board spill kit before student egress.
- In the event of a vomit or other bodily fluid spill on the way home from school, driver or monitor will clean spill using on board spill kit before student egress, and inform dispatch to have cleaning crew ready at the yard.
- All students are encouraged to practice social distancing at the bus stop.
- Students will board the bus at their assigned stop, checked in in by the driver on the roster.
- Driver will apply hand sanitizer to each student as they pass the driver seat, using a hand-held pump bottle.
- Student will proceed to the farthest empty seat, as directed by the driver or monitor, filling the bus from back to front, ensuring that students do not pass other students.
- Students remain seated for the entire bus ride. The students should sit as close to the window as possible.
- If public health situation requires reduced capacity (one student to a seat), co-habitating students may sit two to a seat.
- Exit from the bus will be front to back, at the direction of the driver or monitor. Students will remain seated in their seats until called forward by the driver or monitor, in order to prevent crowding in the aisle.
- If directed, students who refuse to keep their face covering on or wear one at all will be issued a Student Conduct Report (SCR) by the driver.
- Students who engage in conduct that places the health of other students at risk issued a Student Conduct Report (SCR) by the driver.
- Students will remain seated the entire bus ride from entry to exit. Students who do not follow rules will be issued a Student Conduct Report (SCR) by the driver.
- Student Conduct Reports (SCRs) will be turned in to the school leadership time by the HCS transportation office for determination of appropriate action.